Yes Brighton did it again...this is her 4th broken bone. No we aren't child abusers....No she doesn't have brittle bone syndrome...Yes she drinks milk and eats lots of calcium...
I don't know how to explain why it is always Brighton who gets hurt or finds a way to break bones. I think it is a mixture of bad luck and her fearless streak.
Brighton did a number on her left humorous. Several kids were on the trampoline playing a game of "dead man". In the thrill of the chase she got bumped off the trampoline and landed on her arm. She went to the ER Saturday night. After a horrible nights rest and no feeling in her fingers, she had surgery late Sunday night. The promise of new earings helped her get through the fear of surgery. Two pins and a purple cast later...she has continued to feel less and less pain each day.She was so concerned about going to school she couldn't wait to get back. She had friends sign her cast, lunch room helpers and lots of tender loving care from her teacher, neighbors, family and friends! Maybe she will have the cast off by the time she has her dance recital. A suggestion... please do not wish Brighton to "Break a leg" as she goes on stage...she just might!
Friday, March 27, 2009
It wouldn't be SPRING without a BREAK...
Posted by Mama Mia at 6:18 PM
Labels: Brighton, Funny Kids
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





13 comments:
I am laughing at this post. Not that it's funny for Brighton. But, the "break a leg" comment is hilarious! Sweet girl... I'm glad she is feeling better after the first horrible night. We said prayers for her in surgery.
Oh My Goodness...poor Brighton. That is so sad but what a brave girl !! Speedy Recovery Brighton.
It is because she loves having so much fun and she is sooo daring...I remember when I took her rock climbing she was like jumping off the cliffs with out any fear whatsoever.
What a trooper! We are glad she is feeling better! We are hoping for a speedy recovery for her!
Oh I'm so sorry, poor Brighton. Sounds like she has been very brave. I hope it heals quickly!
Okay..that was Julie Medeiros...I didn't realize I was logged in on Josh's account!
Wow! I can't believe how many breaks she's had. She really must be pretty outgoing. I'm surprised my outgoing Madi hasn't had one yet. Knock on wood!
Brighton is high energy and high confidence even playing with rough/tough boys. I love you Brighton and I can't wait to sign your cast.
Momo
Brighton, I am so sorry to hear this. I can't comprehend the pain!!! Hope you feel more chipper soon. We'll see you soon in Utah!!!
So Sorry! I think she has beat out Doug on the most broken bones! Sounds like a very painful break! Hope you are feeeling better Brighton!
Mia, I am glad that you found our blog! Nothing fancy, but still fun.
That is too bad about Brighton. My nephew just did the same thing a few weeks ago...surgery, pins, cast, and everything! Ouch! Hope she feels better soon.
Ouch! Hope she is feeling better.
Is Brighton going for a world record?? So sorry to hear about her bad break and the surgery. Hope she has a full and speedy recovery!
Post a Comment