Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Do you believe?

I was driving with the girls to the gym yesterday morning. Brighton was telling me how the snow reminds her of Christmas time. Then out of the blue she confesses to me that she doesn't think she believes in Santa Clause. I asked her,who she had been talking to about Santa. (To find out which Pip-squeak had spoiled her fun.) She said, "What do you mean?" "I didn't talk to anyone." I rephrased the question and she replied, "My brain just told me." I quoted Mom and said, "If you don't believe in Santa...Santa doesn't come." Brighton quickly replied, "I just think people pretend to be Santa and buy the gifts at the store. I just don't think he is real. How could he get all those presents in his sleigh." In my mind I was struggling between being proud of her for being so smart and sad because this 4 year old is questioning Santa.

2 comments:

Maeve said...

That is amazing that Brighton is asking those kinds of questions. Sounds like you have a very smart girl. Maybe she will forget what she has said once Christmas rolls around again.
(your side border is up!)

Carly said...

Maybe she doesn't believe in him because she WALKED IN ON ME AND BRUCE PUTTING TOGETHER HER DOLLHOUSE ON CHRISTMAS EVE!!! I think that might have something to do with it... :)