Today is the Inauguration of our 44th President, Barack Obama.
We watched this historical event at home with our friend Jada. 
Brooklyn and Jada had fun playing with flags and balloons.
Jada said it was "Uncle Obama" who was President. I thought that was funny. 
The inauguration has been quite a production and has the historical hype. I am worried but hope that this president can make good change.
This is a hard time for our economy and is hitting close to home. We will find out in a few days how our family will fare in extreme cutbacks in Pfizer. We leave it in the hands of the lord. Either way is good and bad. Here comes change...
Easton wrote a poem and it was selected as one of high merit and chosen for publication. I thought I would publish it here... I didn't realize I have such a patriotic boy...:) It goes along with our post today.
America Today
Today Americans wonder
Why people were treated
Unfairly in the 50's.
Today Americans hear everyone laughing together.
Today Americans see the president making our nation better.
Today Americans want everything to stay peaceful.
Today Americans feel happy.
Today America is a place where both black and white are happy.
Easton Bischoff, Grade 4





15 comments:
How fun that you made it such a party this morning. I tried to listen to it over the yelling of boys playing at my house. Good luck the next few days...can't wait to hear if you are moving back
Me raiding your blog...overnights in Kearney are lacking in entertainment.
That poem that Easton wrote was fantastic. I may attempt to steal your husband away for fight nite in the near future--fair warning.
Hope you and the family are well.
Good luck with the cut backs. I just heard that Alegent is cutting 240 nursing jobs. 40 management jobs, that is a lot! And Jimmy knows he might get laid off this year too. Thankfully he is applying to other, similar jobs. It's not fun, but thankfully our husbands have marketable skills to help them move on. We'll miss you if you leave!
I hope you fair well with the cutbacks, that is scary! I thought the inauguration was really neat. I too hope that Obama does some good things. Only time will tell. Cute poem as well! Look at me rhyming.
What fun pictures. Trust Mia to celebrate the celebration. I laughed so hard about Uncle Obama...funny on so many levels! Easton's poem is amazing. I keep wondering if the 4th graders at my school can do that? He is special....on so many levels!
It was fun getting caught up on your blog! No wonder we didn't get to see much of your family! You Were to Busy!
I would love you to move back here! But I am selfish!! Trust in the Lord. Everything happens for a reason! Love ya
When do you find out for sure?
Don't take my boots off yet! Rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerated. Carly-Jan 30th.
Wow, he's quite a poet. I will keep my fingers crossed that you will be able to move to Utah!
Wow, he's quite a poet. I will keep my fingers crossed that you will be able to move to Utah!
Easton is quite a poet. I am impressed with his writing abilities. And, on the work front...I am praying for the best (whatever that is!)
I am so interested to see what changes will happen in our country the next 4 years. That is really cute that you guys celebrated Mia!!
Mia, I meant to post a comment earlier, but we have been busy with Ryan's grandma's illness. Anywho... I hope everything goes well for your family's job situation. It is a scary economic time. We are facing similiar worries throughout 2009. We are all keeping our fingers crossed. Goodluck!
A great post, Mia. What a fun election day. We all should have celebrated like that.
I totally missed out on the big inaugeration day. I wanted to see it but we were vacationing. I'm worried about our countries future too. I hope things work out for the best for your family.
Post a Comment