Saturday, January 31, 2009

End of an ERA...

We found out that we will not be working for Pfizer any longer. This is a big change for us but one that is needed and one we have to take. We have loved this company throughout the years. As pharmaceutical companies cut back, all good things must come to an end. We are happy for the great severance package and feel blessed to have this security. So yes, we are taking the money and running. When you retire from Pfizer they usually have a big party and present your career in a slide show. Well they didn't throw a big party for us, but we celebrated as a couple. We went to Bruce's favorite restaurant, Jams and had dinner on Pfizer for the last time. (We had a gift certificate from Christmas.) Bruce has worked for Pfizer for 13 years. This is the job he got right out of college. He worked his way up to this point and I can say he was (unlike some) a hard working employee up till the last minute. Here are just a few of the highlights... Bruce started off right and his first year with the company he was #1 Sales Rep of the Year for his region and division! We were awarded an amazing trip to Kauai. Tom Booth Vice Pres. of Sales and Alex Bachman Pres. of CHC.We have meet wonderful friends. Bruce worked under Scott Jones. We enjoyed an award trip to Vegas with Scott and Sheri. Here is a picture of us on a work vacation outside of Redlodge, Montana.

Bruce was asked to go to Japan and translate the Detrol LA launch. This was an honor and he studied hard to get the medical lingo right. (Medical dialog is a whole different language than the religious conversations he was used to.)
He did amazing and we were awarded a trip anywhere in our district and we picked Aspen, Colorado.
A few months later his District was #1 and we were awarded a trip to...Aspen again. This time we skied at Snowmass, had a dogsled ride to a cabin for a dinner, and had spa treatments! Bruce's district manager Ed Baird, Bruce and I, Scott and Sheri
Here is Bruce in 2001. They held a POA meeting in Moab. They had a fun hummer ride up Lions Back.
In 2002 just after I had Brighton, Bruce won a convention trip in San Francisco. We stayed at the Ritz and took Maeve as our nanny. Here we are in the Redwood Forest.
2003 Bruce won a Convention Trip to Orlando Florida! Our family enjoyed a hot trip to Disney World! We took Maeve as our nanny.
Most of our social gatherings revolved around the residents...Superbowl, Halloween Parties, Lunches, and even Thanksgiving Dinner! Tony, Bruce, Sam, and Tim.Here is Bruce and Easton on take your child to work day. Easton loved it. What handsome guys!
One of our favorite bosses has to be Ron Robinson. Those were the good ol' days! We went to Cozumel Mexico with Ron and Karlene and had a wonderful time.Last year Bruce had a fantastic year. He was #1 Sales Rep in his district, and #1 in the Western US. We had a dreamy vacation to the big island of Hawaii! Here is his Regional Manager, Dale Ammon awarding him this great honor.


One of the best things to come out of Pfizer ...Bruce met, trained and worked with his best friend Jeff! What a bonus he had a cool wife... we love Jeff and Laurie Anderson!
This is not as comprehensive as I wish it was. This is just a brief overview but we are thankful for how we have been blessed these last 13 years. Not all of them have been easy but that is life. Now,we are busy preparing to sell our home, find a new career and get back to FAMILY! Pray for us.

27 comments:

Jennie said...

Oh my gosh Mia! That is a huge change. I am sure there are mixed emotions - good for the opportunity to come home, and well.... all the rest that goes with it. I loved your other post about knowing the Lord has a plan for you. I also know that is true. You have such a positive outlook. May you both be directed in your paths and be blessed in your opportunities and choices! On the very bright side for me.... at least you'll be really close to help us plan the reunion again! :)

Carly said...

Bruce will find something new in no time. Now get back to Utah.

The Funderburks said...

Wow - I am so shocked! Good luck with the transition and it will be great to have you all closer!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am sad, but happy for you at the same time! This is good news for all of us in Utah so we can be more a part of your lives again, but change is always hard as well. Bruce is obviously a hard worker, I bet he'll find a good position in no time. I'll pray for opportunities to open up for you...hopefully here in Utah!

Glenda said...

It is really happening! Wow you have had some amazing opportunities and perks that went with that job! I loved how young you and Bruce both look in the photos! So Excited that you can finally come home!!

Shalyse said...

Look at all these accomplishments! you both should be very proud! and hey, you got to go on LOTS of fun trips it looks like :-) You guys are awesome and such a great example to so many! Bruce will most definitly get snatched up VERY quickly! So have fun the next few months. and good luck with everything! We love you guys!!!

The Back Row Pew said...

It's hard to believe you have been in Omaha this long. What a great tribute to Bruce. He has always been such a great worker and provider for you and your cute family. Something wonderful is ahead for him. YEA !! You are coming back. A grandmother's dream. It will be fun to have you close again.

koryn said...

And the end of the Omaha era comes for another family. I wish it could have been under different circumstances! I appreciate and admire your calm and faithful attitude toward the changes. I know you have good prospects and a very hard working husband so all is in your favor but there is always the stress and uncertainty that come with the unknown. Your optimism and faith will surely get you all through this. OUr thoughts are with you all and we love you!

Molly said...

Wow, you guys are moving back to Utah. I know that is something you have wanted, so congratulations! What wonderful things you have been able to do because of Bruce's job. What a hard worker!

Jana and Rob said...

Wow, I hope everything goes well for you. Bruce sounds like an amazing worker. You guys have gotten to do some amazing things together. We wish you the best during this big change.

Bekah said...

I did not know you'd been in Omaha so long or that he'd been with Pfizer so long. I loved seeing all he had accomplished and I hope that you are able to find the right career and situation for you and your family in Utah. You will be missed greatly!

Ian, Kels & Lilly said...

We are VERY excited to have you and the kids back in Utah, but sad that it had to be at the expense of Bruce's job. Bruce is a hard worker and will find something new in no time. Can't wait to see you guys.

Macy said...

Well, that is great news for us! We are so thrilled to have more family here in Utah. Bruce is such a sharp guy...he will find something great!

spenceandcass said...

So your moving back to Utah? I bet your mom is way excited!

Beckie said...

Holy Cow Mia! We were just talking about you guys a few days ago. I will keep your family in our prayers and keep hoping you can get to where you would most love being.

Take care, friend.

Ty said...

Good accomplishments! Have fun in Orlando next week!

Bethers said...

I guess Dad and I prayed to hard to have you closer to home. It has been a great ride. Can't wait to have you live with us and to see what comes next!

McCall said...

WOW!! For some reason, I feel like saying....Congratulations?! You get to move back to Utah and be close to family, you get to embark on a whole new chapter/adventure in your lives; and you have time to make it all happen (as you travel the country - - should we meet you in Gulf Shores?). We'll be praying for you as you face all the decisions ahead.

Jeremy and Neeley said...

Mia- I am so jealous that you are headed back to Utah! Jeremy and I really want to get back as soon as humanly possible. It's all about that opportunity that presents itself. Looks like your opportunity has presented itself. We'll miss you here in the big O!!!

Unknown said...

Mia, This was a great thing to do for Bruce.It was fun to read and you guys will do well what ever you decide to do. We are excited for you and know the Lord knows you and what id ahead for your family. Love M.E. Mom, Grandma

Holly said...

What an amazing journey you have had! We will be thrilled to have you back in Utah! I know Bruce will find a great job! He is such a hard worker! We love you and will keep you in our prayers!

You will probably be moved back here when we vistit Omaha in April!

Parry's said...

Good luck with the process ahead. I admire your strength!
Amber

amy said...

Mia, I know this has been bitter sweet for you guys. We will keep you in our prayers and hope all goes well. I love you to pieces, and cant wait till you move to Mapleton! :) LOL- Amy

Candace said...

That really stinks, you guys. I'm sure you'll be sad to leave Nebraska, but we're sure excited to have you here! I'll be praying for you!

ray said...

When you wrote, "End of an ERA" and put Bruce's picture next, I'm not even going to tell you what I was thinking! Let's just say, I was relieved it was just the end of his job.

corryfever said...

Do you get to go home to your mom?!!

Nicolle said...

Mia, I love what you did on your blog with Bruce and the years at Pfizer. You are amazing at this, let's go to dinner when you get here to Utah.