We love our friends Tim and Debbie Bird!
They called and invited us to a Charity Event and Dinner at the Children's Museum here in Omaha! Tim is on the Children's Museum board and sponsored a table to this fun event. It started with a cocktail hour (get people sauced so they will spend a lot of money) and then held a silent auction...I had a great time bidding on several items...including a Diamond Necklace from Borshiems! Sad to say, and much to Bruce's relief, I didn't get it! Okay I will admit it I was one of the first people on the long list bidding for the necklace. After I slipped my name on it once Bruce wouldn't let me near it again! It was fun for the few minutes I thought I would win! I did end up with a fun activity for my kids a Party at Doodle Cakes. They learn to decorate cakes and take home their own minature masterpiece! I got it for a steal! Yeah!
Monday, June 2, 2008
Fun Night with a "Bunch of Birds"
After the cocktail hour and silent auction, dinner was held in a beautiful tent that was decorated with the "On the Cape" theme. The food was delicious and free...thanks Tim!
At the end we had a visit from some storm troopers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





14 comments:
I LOVE Silent Auctions! We had one this past friday night for the young women in our ward. They were earning money for girl's camp. We got some good babysitting deals... I am excited! That cake place that you won sounds so cute... what a great idea!!!
Mia-do you want to adopt me? You are seriously the cutest mom! How do Bruce get so lucky? (Just kidding Bruce!)
Mia I really love your blog! You have so much fun it seems!
I sure love your blog mia! what a fun life!
Sounds like a lot of fun. Rachel went to a birthday party at that cake place one time and LOVED it.
What a fun night... I am sure the kids will have a blast at Doodle cakes!
A "Bunch of Birds" is my favorite blog name, and they are such a fun family. I'm glad you guys had a great night. Yeah for doodle cakes.
Umm, that last comment was from me, Laurie and not Ellie. She must of been on her email and not logged out.
those are always fun events! it's fun to get all dressed up and watch people spend all their $! :-)
Rochele...yes I will adopt you.
Becca...some parts of life are fun but not all!:) I blog the highlights...and only some of the low lights!
What a fun night...you look so pretty, Mia! :)
I love your dress and this looked fun. I too, recently went to one and the only thing I could afford to bid on was a designer binkie for Miles! (I don't think Maeve uses it because it has USU and footballs on it.
Love the storm-troopers! My girls have been into star wars lately! :)
Mia you live a glamorous life. Love your blog, has it replaced your love of scrapbooking like Holly?
Post a Comment