I have a problem....
*For all of you who frequent this Bakery or next time you do...pass up the cupcakes and go for the BANANA PUDDING...it is the perfect mixture of fruit, creamy pudding and vanilla wafers! This Bakery is in Greenwich Village. I loved this cute area of the city! The streets were quaint and had beautiful buildings! 
It was Memorial Day so we made a quick stop by Ground Zero. Not much to see yet...
After lunch we walked all over Soho, China Town and Little Italy. We of course had to stop at Ferrara's, Bruce's favorite Italian Bakery. We had cannoles and ice cream.
We rode the subway back to our hotel and got ready for... you guessed it....Dinner! We went to a great Thai Restaurant BREESE...I am literally busting out of my shirt...;0
Our last day we walked through a small part of Central Park...it is really beautiful!
Then we headed to the last place on my TO DO LIST:) We went to Serendpity! We got there right at 11:30 just as they were about to open their doors! Yeah no wait!
We had to get their famous frozen hot chocolates! Bruce is loving the pictures by now! The boys were totally teasing us this was a girly restaurant but they were pretty good sports and they said the Burgers were delicious!





19 comments:
I am loving all of these pictures and all the FOOD! Whenever my family goes anywhere, it is ALWAYS revolved around eating too! why is is so much fun? :-)
Looks like you guys jammed so many fun things into your trip~welcome home!
Mia...I just found an announcement I liked and then changed the fonts and colors and stuff-cute huh!
It looks like you had such a fun trip. It made me hungry to read about it. I love seeing big Mike in Magnolia Bakery eyeing the cupcakes. ha ha
Mia, I am rofl! Somehow it always becomes about the FOOD doesn't it? (and a little shopping!)You guys really made the most of your time...How did you know about so many great places?
Food, food and more food! Sounds like my kind of vacation!
I think I got fatter just reading about all the food...I think it is because I have all this baby weight to lose and am feeling pretty flabby, so even just thinking of food makes me feel like I am gaining weight! Sad... If you hear of any good diets that would work with nursing too, let me know!!!
I will go on a diet with you...I have been eating ever since I got home. I feel like a lard. Call me and we will discuss the rules and the rewards.
Now back to food, I didn't like the banana pudding much, maybe it was just too big of a serving and it got old. I am not big on the cupcake craze either...I would rather have sabayon (sp?).
Jue! Thanks for the great tips we tried to fit as many as we could into our short trip!
Julie-I talked with Erin but she was at a Lake house most of the weekend so we didn't see her! She gave me some good tips and some Bruce knew becuase he goes to NY on business all the time!
Maeve was a great resource on this trip and we did just about everything she and everyone else suggested and more! I am waddling around and have never felt fatter so I want in on yours and Carly's plan.
I think after I type this comment I will head to the fridge. Reading about your trip is making me extremely hungry! So glad you had a great time!
P.S. You look great!......please also tell Carly that she is also far from being a lard!
Walking across Brooklyn Bridge is my most favorite New York moment. I think everyone should do it and do it at night!
I love NYC!!! You are a lucky girl Mia. I am glad to hear you loved wicked. I agree that everyone should see it. So cute.
Glad you had a good time.
Apparently YOU are the person to go on vacation with! All those fun places to eat. Jimmy would have been like Pizza, Pizza, and maybe a Hot dog. He's not adventurous! Looks like you are having so much fun!
I have a new rule - nothing to do with diets. Vacations should be planned around food. Easy as that.
SO MUCH FUN! You are so good at sharing all of your adventures! I want to visit all of those yummy food spots!
I love all these pictures. Your commentary is the best! I think I gained weight just reading about all the yummy things you ate! I can't wait to see the fun things you bought.
Looks like a good time, and the food yum!
Seriously Mia... your life is not fair. Hawaii this week then Hawaii again the next then NYC! What? Looked like a BLAST!!! I would have killed to be on a trip with Bethers and Big Mike! Maybe one day...
Mia, Sounds like a blast of a trip. I am actually headed there with my friend Erin this weekend. I will have to try some of the yummy treats you guys did. Magnolias banana pudding is my favorite too. How fun!!
Post a Comment