Today was our first day of our neighborhood Garage Sale. I couldn't believe the people that came...there are a certain breed of people "die hards" that show up on a Thursday morning and wait in their car for your garage door to go up! One couple pulled up with their extended truck stacked high with Little Tike plastic play toys, baby items, lawn chairs, and furniture. They quickly scaned the place for certain items...they low ball you and then load it up in the truck...I was so curious as to what they were doing with all their finds... I had to ask them, what they were going to do with it all. I guess they are Professional Garage Sellers...they go to certain neighborhoods buy their stuff and then turn around and have their OWN Garage sell and mark it all up!
Today I sold clothing and junk toys and made $175! Not bad...most every item was $1 to $2 dollars...It felt good to get some things out of my house. On with the sale tomorrow, let the people watching begin!
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Garage Sale Update...
Posted by Mama Mia at 10:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





8 comments:
Hey I hope your sale goes well. And I would have never thought, people would purchase things to have a sale of their own. To funny!
wow, that is awesome that you made that much! Motivating to clean out our garage!
Go Mia!!! I wish I could have been there to buy some of Lora's stuff.
The "professionals" are also looking for that million-dollar-find. The forgotten antique or missing art piece that's worth tons of money. There's got to be an easier way to make a fortune.
Good Job Mia! I know that is alot of work...I do good just to clean things out and donate it to the Deseret Industries! The extra effort pays Off!!!
WHY IN THE WORLD IS THE GARAGE SALE SOOO LONG???? I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF SUCH A THING!
It was fun doing it with Lora and you. It would have been tedious alone, but instead it was actually fun! I am so glad you two made great money. I just seemed to make good deals buying things from Lora, hehe!
Summer-it is totally a Omaha thing! Thursday the die hards come around (they bargain you down from $2 flippin dollars to $1) Like $2 dollars isn't a steal!, Friday the normal people come around...(they are happy to buy for the priced marked)and Saturday you are just trying to get rid of everything!
Post a Comment