Monday, June 11, 2007

Believe it or not...

I went to the Johny Mathis concert and had a good time! The sad thing was I didn't know who he was before I went. I was so kindly invited by my good friend Lora Clegg and her mother Sue! Lora, Sue, Lucy and I went to Charlston's for dinner and then headed to the Holland center for the concert. We had box seats! The first half of the show was just the Omaha Symphony. The conductor was entertaining and they played a lot of famous songs (Star Wars theme etc.) It took me back to the days when Grandma and Grandpa Bingham would take us to the Utah Symphony! The second half of the night Johny Mathis came out and sang with the Orchestra. Sue was in heaven and had listened to Johny Mathis as a young girl! It was fun to watch her get so excited at all the songs. Johny still looked good and had a good voice. I had a great night with good friends, good food and good music!

Here is a look at who else was at the concert! These red hat ladies were all in the elevator and we had to take a picture! One lady had a light up boa...classic.

3 comments:

Shalyse said...

Looks like you girls had a fun night out on the town. Girls night's are the greatest!

Anonymous said...

That picture of the Red Hat Club ladies is priceless! Soooo funny Mia! My grandma is in the club in AZ and won't admit it! She hides her hat and then puts it on right when she gets into where ever she is going to meet them! And Johny! I Grew up listening to his Christmas music!!! He is the BEST! What a fun night!

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! Your hair is long Mia! You look pretty.