Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Family Home "WEEDING"

Bruce was in charge of FHE this week! He decided we were going to have Family Home Weeding!

The kids didn't think this sounded too fun, but we all pitched in and we were done in no time!
We had dinner at Godfather's Pizza! Brighton invited her friend Erica. Monday nights kids 10 and under eat free (180th & Q)! Perfect for family night! We ended the evening with a bike ride/walk to Hawthorn Park! It was fun to mix Work and Play!

16 comments:

Rich and Tyra said...

Great idea for FHE. I think I will use it for next week!!! I am the only one that does the weeding and let's just say, it could be better...I am not always the best at keeping on top of it. So, I think that is a wonderful idea to get some help with it:) !!!!

Rich and Tyra said...

I guess I shouldn't say I am the only one. Rich does a good job of keeping the weeds out of the grass, I am in charge of the flower beds/garden.

Laurie said...

Sounds like the perfect plan to me. I've said it before, but Bruce's flower beds are gorgeous!

Shalyse said...

You guys are the cutest family! Will Bruce come weed my yard? and plant a few more flowers...he's quite the gardener! :-)

Glenda said...

Your gardens and yard look so beautiful! Such a great idea for a family night activity!

Bethers said...

This sounds like a perfect home evening for me....a great mix. Your plants look so beautiful and you are growing beautiful children, too!

The Back Row Pew said...

What a beautiful yard !! I think I have said this before but I need some tutoring from Bruce in YARD.

Parry's said...

How cute! What a beautiful yard!

ray said...

*suffering from garden envy*

I kill plants on purpose so I don't feel like such a negligent steward when I fail to keep them alive.

the medeiros family said...

Now that's my kind of FHE! Your planting beds look so nice and filled in...they are beautiful!

Heather said...

I love that idea of the weeding. I do it alone too much. I need to let my kids get their hands dirty!!!

Jenny Lee said...

What a great FHE! We need to do the same thing - thanks for the idea. I love your flower beds, they're beautiful!

Jennie said...

What a cute new blog. I usually read everyone's blogs on feed so I hardly ever see their front page. So cute!

I also love that your kids would actually weed. I think mine would pull one weed and then be done. What great little workers.

The Funderburks said...

Gorgeous yard. I LOVE it. It inspires me for next year.

SUMMER said...

I was dying laughing over this title.. good one Mia! And your garden is AMAZINGLY GORGEOUS!

Joe and Monica DuPaix said...

hello mia-your family is beautiful. your yard is so pretty---and i love your blog, it is one of my favorites!