We went to Offutt Air Force Base yesterday for the Air Show! The THUNDERBIRDS were amazing and beautiful at the same time! An interesting fact about Offett is that the U.S. Strategic Command is stationed here. It provides the nation with global deterrence capabilities and synchronized Department of Defence effects to combat adversary weapons of mass destruction worldwide. Let's just say during 911 the President of the United States flew here for protection.
The formations were spectacular!
Brooklyn enjoyed the show!
We had a great time and even ran into some neighbors, The Browns. Steve Brown is not only our neighbor but Brighton's personal bone Doc. (since she has broken 3 bones). Looks like Bruce has his hands full!
Sunday, August 17, 2008
THUNDERBIRDS!
Posted by Mama Mia at 9:37 PM
Labels: Family Fun, Omaha
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





17 comments:
Cool pics! Looks Like an awesome day.
That looks like fun! I bet my kids would have liked watching that also! We need to come visit you. It seems like there is so much fun stuff to do there!!!
Yes! Tyra we want you to come visit! I have to admit there isn't a ton of things to do here. (My Dads favorite thing is the local grocery store HyVee, sad but true.) We have to really search to find things but we do have an awesome Zoo.
What a fun day! I bet my boys would have loved that! I had to laugh at your comment about your dad loving HyVee...when my mom came to Omaha, she couldn't stop talking about HyVee, how great a store it is, how clean and how incredibly friendly they were!
I love the Thunderbirds! We saw them a couple of times when they flew at Hill Airforce Base. They're so awesome! Mia, thanks so much for your kind thoughtful words to me. It makes me feel better just to know people care. You are such a great example and friend. Thanks!
What fun! It brings back momories of our years in Omaha!! I didn't know Brighton has had three broken bones!! Wow! We have never had one! Hope it stays that way!!
This looks like a ton of fun. I love air shows. I love the picture of Bruce with both girls. Classic!
No way, we were there too! I wish we had coordinated this together. My boys would have loved being with your kids. Wasn't it amazing! And I must say the kettle corn was the bomb! Next year we can plan to make it a group affair.
"OOhh La-La", a blog face lift. I love it! Did Lora help you make the header, so cute?
What a cool thing to see. I did't know that about the President and 9/11 and I didn't know Brighton had broken 3 bones. Learn something new everyday! :)
Yes a BIG thanks to my Blog Cordinator...Lora!!!! She is amazing! I need some personal digi blog lessons!
I love your new blog look, The picture of your kids is so perfect! You are always finding fun things to do in Omaha! So true, the zoo in Omaha is one of the best!!
That looks like so much fun. The blue angels came to Lincoln a while back and they had an "Autism day" where only families with children with Autism could go. It was incredible.
My mom and step dad fell in love with HyVee. I think they were more sad to say goodbye to that then to me.
All I have to say is I LOVE YOUR NEW BLOG LOOK! It is so darling, Mia. You are an amazing woman.
Looks like fun!
Mia - on the sausages. Andy prefers bratwursts, but I like Italian Sausage better. He says they are they same sausage but the Italian sausage has Italian seasoning which he thinks is too overpowering (but not me). Last time I bought Italian sausage - "mild". I don't know what brand it was...
What a neat memory for the kids. You guys find every great thing around Omaha.
Post a Comment