Friday, August 29, 2008

Pretty Impressive...


When I heard John McCain had named his running mate and it wasn't Mitt, I was frankly depressed. Not surprisingly, I had no idea who Sarah Palin was. After listening to her today, I am pretty impressed! She has now made the Republican ticket a little more interesting. I love that she is the mother of 5 children, has a son headed for Iraq, and a down syndrome baby, started as a PTA president, she is not in cahoots with the good ol' boys, she is pro drilling, and married her HS sweetheart. It sounds like she has accomplished a lot and can really stand her ground. What are your first impressions?

9 comments:

Jennie said...

I agree! I was excited. I think she will bring a fresh face and perspective to the race. It should be interesing!

Jana and Rob said...

I feel more interested in the election now. I think she might really help McCain out. She seems like a good person and I like her views that I've heard so far.

Heather said...

I am so happy. I think she is going to be wonderful and help out the republican ticket. I am not a fan of McCain but this new development just put me back in the game.

spenceandcass said...

Don't know much about her yet....but she sounds awesome...from what you described.

Jenny Lee said...

I thought it was cool she was from Idaho! Yeah for Idaho! I agree she's going to make this race a lot more interesting. She will definately win a lot of mother's votes. Good for her!

Brooke said...

I didn't think it would be a smart move for Romney to run as VP with McCain, so I was glad to hear it wasn't him. But after listening to the Gov. I think she is the best thing for the ticket - way conservative - and gets things done!

Kimberly and Jason Enlow said...

AMEN Sister! I share your exact feelings. I hope it's the Republicans that make history this November.

Anonymous said...

LOVE HER!

Anonymous said...

I'm just glad she hates polar bears, those things are mean.