Friday, September 26, 2008

Before and After

Here is Easton ... you can officially call him...
Brace Face, Tin Grin, Metal Mouth, Wired Wonder...
I knew this day was coming since Easton was 11 months old. He fell and knocked out his front tooth. All throughout his life, he has had a hole in his smile. As his adult teeth grew in, this missing tooth was in no hurry to come down! We are happy to say, we are on our way to a healthy smile! In six months Easton will have to wear head gear at night to help his jaw/bite. Dr. Weber is Easton's Orthodontist. He has an awesome office and staff. The office is just 5 min drive from our house that is a bonus! Easton has been so diligent at brushing his teeth with special toothbrushes and loves his tool kit of orthodontic gadgets. Easton picked his elastic colors...Red and Black...they are his favorite colors and also Husker colors. His teeth were a little sore today and his cheeks are getting scratched by all the brackets. But he is pretty tough and his teeth, one day, will be beautiful!

15 comments:

The Funderburks said...

They will be beautiful and that is what is important. Being a "brace-face" builds character too.

Jenny Lee said...

Oohhh the braces! I'm not looking forward to putting my kids in them but I know they are so worth it! I remember getting mine and how painful they were the first few days. I bet he's going to look pretty handsome when it's all over!

Beckie said...

What a brave boy! good luck with the braces and great choice on rubber band colors!

Anonymous said...

I remember getting braces. To me it was fun at first, then a pain. But it is definitely worth it. I like to see the transformation that braces can do to a person.

brianabingham said...

oh! They hurt so bad, but it's worth it! God luck Easton!

Laurie said...

OOhh, I think Easton is a handsome dude in his braces! Zachary will join the ranks of being a "brace face" soon. Good luck with all the stuff...that goes along with braces.

Holly said...

Easton looks so handsome in his braces!! Ally is going to be joining him as a "brace-face" before we know it! I haven't looked at blogs forever! I love all your pictures and the story about lake Zabrinski! Oh it brings back memories!! We REALLY are planning on heading out there this spring for Kevin's 10 year reunion!! (I can't believe it) I will let you know more details when I know them!!

ray said...

I think Easton looks older with the braces. Like a true 'tween.

Glenda said...

The joys and pains of braces! All the pain is worth it in the end! Good Luck Easton!

Rich and Tyra said...

I can't believe he is old enough to have braces! Crazy!!! I never had to have them but I am sure my kids will have too. His smile will be so nice though! He is such a cutie!

SUMMER said...

No way... he is not old enough for braces! He is really such a handsome boy!

Bekah said...

Wow, braces already! He'll have a fabulous smile in no time!

The ped we use is right by HyVee, Dr. Whitcomb, and her partner is Dr. Douglas, who I think I like even a tad bit more!

Bekah said...

I meant to write more. Dr. Douglas has 9 children! So yeah, he won't find four or five some crazy large family.

Bethers said...

Braces or not, Easton is one handsome boy. Easton, I can't wait to pierce your ears!

The Back Row Pew said...

No Way!! Easton cannot have braces. He is still just a little guy! He is growing up so fast and right before our blogger eyes !