
Many of you may have heard about Stephanie Nielsen. I have seen several posts about the Nielsen Family on many blogs, but I too have been moved by this story and wanted to share it. Stephanie is from Mesa, AZ. She has a neat blog at http.nieniedialoge
s.blogspot.com. I loved browsing through several of her posts. She seems like a wonderful mother who loves making life special for her husband and four small children. Stephanie and her husband were in a plane crash a few weeks ago and were severely burned. She has 80% of her body burned and her husband has 30 % of his. I can't even imagine the pain and heart ache the family is going through. She is fighting for her life right now. If she pulls though her children won't recognise her. Her sister Jane in Provo is taking care of her children. Jane has a blog to update everyone on the progress. You can go here to read more. There are many ways you can help the family listed on her blog.
It is interesting to me how different things can teach and remind many people what is really important in life. This story makes me want to STOP and take the time to enjoy life, to hug my husband and kids, to turn off the TV and talk, to interact with my kids in a more loving and positive way, to find the joy in the little moments and to tell people how much they mean to me. I have been so blessed with wonderful Parents, Sisters, Brothers, Children, Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles and Cousins! I also have been blessed with wonderful Friends! Thank you everyone for the great impact on my life, I love you all! May we all STOP and take time to enjoy our family and people that mean the most to us in life. Say a prayer for the Nielsen family.





5 comments:
I had heard about that too. So sad.
As for your comment, you can find some of the Kumon books at Target. They are in the video/book section at the front. They have three of the beginner books and another one that is for ages 2-3-4. You may also need child safety scissors, and a glue stick or glue, but the chances are that you have those for your other kids.
I've followed her blog for quite awhile and I'm just heartbroken for them. It's been wonderful to see so many different people, world wide, come together in prayer and support.
Such a sad situation. I hope they pull through this.
It makes you realize how your life can change in an instant. I love you, Mia, Bruce, Easton, Brighton, and BROOKLYN!!!!
Mia, I have been so touched by this family and absolutely love her sisters blog. I've been inspired with all the love and support that has come from around the globe for this family. And, like your mom said...it made me remember life can change in a minute!
Post a Comment