Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Hey, Grandma look at me...

We are all proud of Easton he was just voted to be the Student Council Representative for Mrs. Hughes fourth grade class. He helped write his witty speech about Michael Phelps and his 8 gold medals. Easton then talked about his 7 medals. Each medal stood for a reason why he would be a good student council member. He needed only one more medal to be like Michael Phelps...the last medal would be their vote! He ended with, "On your Mark...Get Set...VOTE!" He did a great job presenting his speech! It was cute to see him actually put some energy into it.Here is Brighton ready to leave for school! She had a good day in Mrs. Anderson's first grade class! She has been working hard and reading every night with Mom and Dad. She loves to talk and have fun with friends. She is my social butterfly! Now having all this fun at recess and not during class time is our goal!

13 comments:

spenceandcass said...

Way to go Easton! Glad your kids are doing so well in school.

Parry's said...

How cute! Very creative. Whau at great a great MOM you are! I admmire you and hope to be like you!

Shalyse said...

that is GREAT!!! he gets my VOTE! :-)

and of course brighton is just about the cutest 1st grader around!

The Funderburks said...

Woo woo, Easton. Mia, you are such a great little blogger. I am so glad to have your example of having kids and being away from grandmas and grandpas and keeping them in the loop via blog. I'm going to have to do that someday!

Rich and Tyra said...

Way to go Easton! How creative and fun! Brighton is so cute! Saige is loving first grade too! It is fun to see them having these experiences!

Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO EASTON!!! What a great idea for a speech!

Glenda said...

I am sure Grandma is so proud! Your kids are growing up and you should be so proud also! Such a clever idea, Easton! I know he will be a great leader!

brianabingham said...

You have such beautiful children!

laurie said...

This is my favorite accomplishment of Eastons. I am so proud of him. Congrats!

Johnston Family said...

Way to go Easton! What a cute idea with the medals! Brighton looks darling as always!

corryfever said...

that speech is awesome! sounds like easton has a political future ahead of him. that is so cool.

Bethers said...

This is weird...I left a comment ages ago and I guess it didn't save or it was deleted! I am so proud of Easton...the speech sounded like a masterpiece. I want to use it at my school...so email me the outline. I love you all.

Kimberly and Jason Enlow said...

You'd have my vote too Easton! Brighton's personality is going to take her places as she gets older. I love your kids!