Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Double Digits!


It's that time of year AGAIN! Easton is now in double digits! He is 10 years old! I hope he has a very Happy Birthday! We are so proud of Easton and the type of kid he is. He is loved by all of his teachers, friends, and family!
Mom's time to brag: please scroll down if it is going to bother you!:)
Easton has been working hard in Scouts and has invited a non-member friend to join the troop! We are grateful to have such awesome Scout Leaders!
Easton is through with Football and really started to understand the game. He really did a great job and became more aggressive. He now has started Basketball.
Fourth Grade has been a lot of work for US. Easton has had hours of homework, papers, math tests, and is studying the States/Capitols this year! His teacher admires his hard work and even though some of his assignments are tough, he still keeps trying to do his best.
We were pleased to find out that Easton is on a seventh grade reading level, but when it comes to writing he just doesn't form his letters easily enough to enjoy it! It is a struggle for him to get things on paper. It is even harder to read them. :) Easton does his best and we have rough draft after rough draft of writing assignments. Well, one of his assignments was a paper about what is important to him. He wrote about Freedom. We were all surprised and pleased to hear he won a short essay contest and will be published in a book! Only a few kids were chosen from Easton's class and kids from all over the country will be published. (Bruce and I think it is just a way to make money and sucker parents into buying several copies of a book...it works I bought several copies but if it helps my son gain confidence in his writing then GREAT!) Here is his essay...
Every time I see an American flag, I think of freedom. The flag represents the 50 States. Each state enjoys many freedoms. Freedom is important to me. Three freedoms I enjoy are the freedoms of religion, speech and to vote.
The freedom of religion is important to me. Every person can believe differently. No one can tell you how to believe. You can think for yourself. You can decide what religion is right for you.
Next, there’s freedom of speech. It is the freedom to say what you feel. It is good because you get to hear new ideas. When you hear People’s ideas, you can solve problems. I love the freedom of speech.
Last of all, is the freedom to vote. The freedom to vote lets us vote for the leaders we want. When you vote it’s a fair way to make a decision. The candidate with the most votes wins. We vote for leaders that have the similar values as we do.
I am proud to be an American. I am grateful for the freedoms of religion, speech and our chance to vote. I love to see the flag of the United States of America. It waves the colors red, white, and blue. The flag of the United States of America reminds me of all my freedoms.
By Easton Bischoff
He still has the opportunity to win $ for a "Top Ten Essay". To participate as a judge, go to www.poeticpower.com/judge and enter your schools zip code as the student ID number.
We are so proud of Easton and the hard work he does in school and at home. Hope you have a great birthday and may you receive many LEGOS! We love you!

19 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Easton from the Vegas gang. We are proud of you, too. That was an awesome essay. Mia you have the freedom and right to brag all you want.

Jennie said...

What a great accomplishment. I'm sure he will look back at his entry with a sense of accomplishment and pride.

Andrea said...

They grow up fast! Good job Easton on your writing and we will be sending thoughts of Legos your way!

Maeve said...

Happy Birthday Easton. We love you and miss you. -Maeve & Miles

Molly said...

Happy Birthday Easton...I can't believe he is that old.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday buddy. Hopefully next time your in Utah we can go skateboarding again.

Johnston Family said...

Happy Birthday Easton! We hope you have a super fun day! You have been the best oldest cousin for all the younger ones to look up to! We hope our baby boy grows up to be just like you! :) Have a fun birthday party!
Love,
The Johnstons

the medeiros family said...

Happy Birthday to Easton and congratulations on ALL his hardwork!

Laurie said...

Happy Birthday Easton. I'm glad Zachary has such a nice friend to look up. Thank you for being such a great example! Enjoy your day and celebrate!

P.S. I loved your essay on freedom. You are a talented writer.

Anonymous said...

WOW double digits!!! Happy Birthday EASTON! Love the football picture, what a little stud!!!

Rich and Tyra said...

Happy Birthday Easton! You are such a handsome guy! We hope you have a great day!

Bethers said...

Momo is so proud of you and I love to pierce your ears!!! (Private joke.) You have been a great example to all of your cousins and friends. I wish I could be with you today and on your party day. Take lots of photos! I love you very much.

Unknown said...

Easton i bet you had a great Birthday. So we have a writer in the familyl and such a good looking one too. We love you. Grandma and Grandpa Bisch

Holly said...

Happy Birthday Easton! So handsome and smart! What a great kid!

The Back Row Pew said...

Happy Happy Birthday Easton. Hope it was a great day. I love reading all the things you are doing and how much your family loves you.

ArchRay said...

I'd say you definitely have bragging rights! Happy Birthday Easton!

McCall said...

Hope Easton's b-day was a great one. Thanks for sharing his wonderful essay!

Carly said...

Happy Birthday Easton! We love you.

Easton is a great kid, seriously. You are very lucky Mia. I just hope that my kids are like him...

Brooke said...

That's so awesome about Easton winning a short essay contest! I think that's great that he chose the topic of freedom. So many people these days take it for granted. What a great leader he will be! Happy Birthday Easton!!!