Sunday, November 30, 2008

Time to be Thankful...

This year we have a lot to be thankful for. Bruce and I are grateful for our wonderful family and friends. Easton is thankful for everything. Brighton is thankful for Mama . Brooklyn is thankful for watching Fire with Easton????? (something to do with the candle I think.) This year we did celebrate Thanksgiving a little differently....we drove to Nebraska City and went out for dinner at the Lied Lodge! They had a Grande Thanksgiving Buffet that was delicious!
I wanted to get lots of pictures to capture the nice relaxing meal that I didn't have to cook or clean up, but I didn't want to disrupt everyone else's meal and I knew Bruce would kill me so I didn't get any pictures. Here are a few before and after pictures!I had this random guy take this picture and he was giggling the whole time...weird... The lobby is finished in Pecan wood. Every room in the Lied Lodge is finished in a different wood. They are pro TREES. Nebraska City is full of apple orchards and home of Arbor Day Farm.
Hope your Thanksgiving was enjoyable. We decided we liked going out, but that Holidays are the best when spent with Family and Friends!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for you Mia! What a beautiful place to have Thanksgiving, and no clean up!

Shalyse said...

I have been waiting to hear all about your experience going out. I think that guy who took the photo is hilarious. some peopple are werid when you ask them to take your photo...they look at you and just stare...AWKWARD! :-)

anyway, I'm sure your families both wished you were with them too!!!
happy thanksgiving!

Jennie said...

I am sure that is hard to be away from home during the holidays. I think you had the right idea though. Eat out! More fun and less work! :)

Rich and Tyra said...

I wish you could have been with us for Thanksgiving but I am glad that you still had fun. Brighton looks so grown up with her purse and all those permanent teeth coming in. Saige still hasn't lost one tooth yet! Weird! We missed you! Can't wait to see you soon!

Bethers said...

Here's hoping that next Thanksgiving we will be together! This place looks beautiful.

the medeiros family said...

Sounds like the perfect meal...no cooking or mess for you! Looks like a really neat place, too!

spenceandcass said...

A Thanksgiving dinner that you didn't have to cook.......sounds awesome!
And isn't it funny how our husbands have to spoil our "picture taking fun"? I have the same problem at my house.

Andrea said...

I can't believe how much Brighton is starting to look like you! Someday I would just LOVE to go to a restaurant for Thanksgiving!

Glenda said...

Its fun to go out for Thanksgiving dinner, but for some reason it is just not as good as homecook! Cant wait to see you and your family at the Christmas party!

Holly said...

You are finding so many fun and exciting places to go in Nebraska! Memories that will last forever! We are so excited to see you at christmas!