Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Football Party!

Easton has always enjoyed planing for his birthdays! This year was his turn to have a party at our home. We invited friends from his school. The theme of course was FOOTBALL. Here is Easton's cake...the kids really liked it and thought I was a pro! This cake was $24.95 at Walmart...I just bought the pieces for $5 dollars and voila...Half our basement is unfinished and full of kid toys! We spent a day cleaning out all the girly toys and decorated for the Tailgating Party and Football games! Here is the cooler...cute huh! When the boys first arrived we had them draw their favorite Pro Team Helmet. Of course Brooklyn got in on the coloring!
The boys had to try to "Pin" the football to make a field goal! They loved this! Later they watched, The Game Plan, on this "screen"!We had Football Darts and reg Darts! We also had a football toss into a target!
Easton and his best friend Spencer Enlow.Here is Coach Bruce running the Football relay!
Which ended up in a big tackle on the the "Coach"! Next we had Pizza and drinks. Then a Movie, which a few boys decided halfway through they were done watching the movie:( and then it turned into more of this...one tip I have learned is that a pack of balloons blown up on the ground provides tons of entertainment!I attempted to calm them down...some boys never will...so they decided to tell funny stories on the "stage". They acted out stories like the three little pigs etc...kind of funny but they each had a turn to get up and make up funny endings...it was so cute! Check out Easton's expression...funny!It was time for cake and some more running around...After green frosting in the carpet and 12 wild boys, I was glad I had an unfinished basement for the party! We sent the boys home with a football duffel bag filled with candies, treats, a mini football, MVP trophy and the highlight...Pro Football pillows that I made!

What a great time but it was tons of work! I guess that is what makes everything so fun! Next year...no home party!

19 comments:

The Funderburks said...

Looks like fun. Mia - I LOVE your shirt.

Glenda said...

Super Mom! That is Mia! It looks like such fun, and what a great place to celebrate, in an unfinished basement! Happy Birthday Easton!

Jennie said...

You are right. That was a ton of work. You did great though! I loved all the things you made. Such talent!

Jenny Lee said...

Wow Mia! Easton's party looked like a blast. I bet he loved it. I loved the cake you made, the games, & decorations. I can't believe the cute duffle bags and pillow cases you made. That was a ton of work! You are an awesome mom! Good job!

Anonymous said...

Easton is lucky to have such a cool mom to make his Birthday special for him. Your parties are always amazing Mia. I have yet to put on a home party. I know now who to call for inspiration if I decide to get motivated! Loved the pillows too, such talent you've got girl!

spenceandcass said...

WOW! You are always throwing the coolest parties! Looks like a bunch of fun.

Jana and Rob said...

His party looked amazing. I always thought parties like this only happened on TV. Easton is very lucky.

The Back Row Pew said...

What a fun party. You are such a cute mom. That party was just perfect for him. I am very impressed.

Andrea said...

Looks like a great party. And I am always surprised at how LOUD boys can get.

the medeiros family said...

What a party!! You did a fabulous time and the boys looked like they loved it. You are amazing!

corryfever said...

mom of the year! the football cake was great. you look adorable and are thrifty, quite the woman.

happy birthday easton!

Molly said...

What a fun birthday! I'll bet Easton and his friends had a great time! I am sure it was so fun to plan!

Jeremy and Neeley said...

Can I hire you for the twins next birthday party? That looked like so much fun! And to answer your question last night (my computer decided to randomly go off-line) it feels very strange to be released. I am having a hard time letting it go! I posted about it on my blog and Laurie and I were commenting on how weird it will be to go to R.S.-it's been so long!!!

Rich and Tyra said...

Wow Mia! You are super awesome Mom of the Year! Evey year! You do such a great job! Fun Fun Fun!

Bekah said...

wow! I'm impressed! Do you do one kid party a year at home? That one looks outstanding.

Holly said...

I love the pillows--you are so talented! Looks like a fun party! Boys can get pretty crazy! Just wait until they turn 12!!

Bethers said...

That was the ideal party for Easton. It had everything he loves...art, action, acting, pizza, sports, etc. and the pillows and duffel bags were a great finish! So memorable!

Smith family said...

HOLY COW Mia.... I am exhausted just looking at the pictures!! You are an amazing Mom! I'm not showing my boys these pictures, they would be super jealous.... thanks for the future ideas though.

McCall said...

Great party ideas! Gotta love 12 boys in your basement. That many boys in a confined space usually comes with a distinct odor too! You are a brave woman and a great mom!