Tuesday, October 23, 2007

One question...Thick or Thin????

After my meal at Gino's East I have to say....Thick! Gino's East is right off the Magnificent Mile in Chicago! Chicago Pizza is the best! Sorry NY! I have never had better pizza in my life! This pizza is made with a deep dish and cornmeal crust. They layer the cheese, toppings and then put the sauce on top! It bakes and voila..Perfection. It has this delicious texture of sauce,toppings and cheese! You definitely need a fork to eat this piece of Italian heaven. It is so good! I want to go back!

Inside the restaurant, you can sign your name anywhere so the kids had a great time coloring all over the walls! Now, I hope they don't get any ideas and think they can do this at home! The morning after my race we packed up the kids and drove to Chicago! Bruce had a convention and the kids were out of school for fall break. We had never been to Chicago so, why not join him! The trip has been fun and crazy with kids! It is not as quiet and relaxing as Bruce is used to but we are enjoying this city! There is so much to do and TONS of great shopping! I haven't bought much, but the window shopping is amazing!

Now tell me, do you like thick or thin pizza?

11 comments:

The Funderburks said...

yum. i have to say that i like thin, but i have never tried this cornmeal crust, thick pizza. chicago is top on my list of places i want to go next, now I have one more reason.

Rich and Tyra said...

Yep, I heard that place is awesome. I was watching the travel channel one night and they had the top 10 best pizza places, and this was one of them. I am jealous. I love pizza and would love to own a real pizza oven someday.

Laurie said...

You are making me hungry. I usually choose thick crust, but I love thin as well. I love all pizza.

Shalyse said...

oh I am so jealous!! Chicago is Brian's favorite city and we've been dying to visit there. That pizza looks amazing...we LOVE PIZZA. we eat it at least once a week! I like thick crust..mmmmm! Have fun there, and take lots of pics! You don't stay at home for too many days in a row do you? YOU GUYS ARE SUCH A FUN FAMILY! I want to be a bischoff! :-)

Anonymous said...

One question: "Did Easton find a pizza he likes in Chicago?" It sounds wonderful, when can the girls go?

Anonymous said...

I am all for NY Style pizza the thick Chicago style is too heavy. Although I do blame Chicago for breaking me and getting me off the Atkins Diet! I have never been as disciplined with my eating since.

Kim said...

It's definitely thick crust for me. That pizza looks amazing! I'll have to try it if I ever get to go to Chicago.

Molly said...

Oh For sure THICK! If you are going with Pizza, why try to be healthy with a thin crust! I love Chicago and the Pizza too! What a fun vacation!

Kimberly and Jason Enlow said...

I am all about thin crust. I can feel myself getting fatter just looking at the picture! We ate there during our trip too, and it was AMAZING pizza.

The Back Row Pew said...

I vote for thin !! I love the Chicago style, but the thin is my FAV...however I do eat many pieces when I eat the thing...Very Bad !

The Funderburks said...

looks like you guys had so much fun. i'm sorry about the cookies but a friend requested the recipe. they really are good but soo bad!