Before:
We are so happy to say we finished the half Marathon in Kansas City! It was a tough coarse with some steep inclines but Becky and I had a great race!
After:

Fun Race Memories:
*Learning Beckie's real name
*The beautiful Race Route through Kansas City
*Beautiful Fountains (It's the City of Fountains.)
*Thinking we were getting a standing ovation and a big cheer... only to find out the crowd was cheering for a runner passing us by...embarrassing!
*Seeing the Gilmore Family give their Mom and Me a real cheer, that was especially for us!
*Seeing Bruce, who stood a foot taller than everyone, in the crowd at the finish line! I love that guy!
After the race my legs, knees and feet ached. I went back to the hotel to sit in a hot bath and then took a little nap. On our way out of town we went to the Plaza. It has some great shopping but we had no time or energy to shop. We stopped for lunch at Bajo 600. It was the perfect setting. We ate on the patio, the cool breeze was blowing and had one of my favorites: guacamole and chips! The lunch was good. I didn't know if my endorphins were kicking in or what but I was just so happy sitting there with Bruce. It had been a great day!





15 comments:
Mia, you looked like you hadn't even broken a sweat!!! I can tell you are in good shape. Way to go, it sounds like a fun friendship, also. How's Chicago???
Yeah Mia, That is so awesome that you did that. I wish I could motivate myself to do something like that. You must have been really tired if you didn't want to shop!!
seriously...i think you showered before you took the 'after' picture! CONGRATULATIONS! I bet you feel awesome, I get winded after one lap around the block (and that's walking) :) you are a stud-et!!
p.s. I can totally imagine you seeing Bruce's head just popping up through the whole crowd, I bet you laughed a little :)
Mia you're the best! It was so much fun!
I'm glad you did so well. I am seriously impressed. Your girls were a delight to have-thanks for sharing them with us.
You look skinny mini. You will need to come to Utah and run a half marathon with me in May.
I should start running, maybe I would loose my gut. But then where would I rest my guitar?
Rich
Congrats! What an Accomplishment! You look so great!
Mia, that is so awesome you did a half marathon. You look beautiful as always!! I love your blog!!
Congratulations! What an accomplishment! You look great! I hope you are having fun in Chicago!
What's next...a full marathon? Congratulations, I'm sure it felt great to finish. I agree with some of the other comments, did you even sweat? I guess now you can mark this off your To-do list.
Mia! WOW! Good for you! This is a BIG accomplishment! I have high hopes of doing a race one day! First- I need to start exercising though! I am really bad! Lunch with Bruce looked like a perfect way to celebrate the VICTORY!!!
Nice job on the half marathon. We should get a group of us and all run one together sometime.
Congratulations !! That is really a wonderful accomplishment !! We all need to do it...in the next lifetime.
Post a Comment