Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Cozy for Christmas...

I bought this tree at a Farmington Jr. High Cheerleader Rummage Sale for $10. I didn't dare ask for $8 but I should have! I have used it for years. When we moved to Omaha, the house had tall ceilings and the tree looked miniature in my kitchen corner. Mom and Dad were visiting and helped me come up with this solution...I placed it in a outdoor pot, and it became topiary-like! Here is my kitchen mantle. One year, Mom and Dad gave me this beautiful picture of Mary and Joseph that I leave up all year!
Finally, Bruce let me purchase a bigger tree... I love the colors Gold, Red and Purple together!
Family Room Mantle:
I love decorating for Christmas! Every year I buy a few new ornaments to add to our tree. My theory is you can always add one more ornament! Every vacation or special spot we visit, I pick a ornament as a souvenir. I love decorating my trees and thinking about each ornament and where it came from. The house is so cosy for Christmas and it looks better in person... so come over and visit!!!!

16 comments:

Laurie said...

Simply gorgoeous!

Laurie said...

"Oops" I spelled gorgeous wrong.

Anonymous said...

Your home looks so beautiful and festive! I have never thought of red, gold and purple together, it looks amazing! To top it all off, the day I came in to see your tree, there was a wonderful smell of muffins or something yummy baking. So festive!

Anonymous said...

Your house looks so beautiful. I would love to come and see it. You definitely take after mom with her gift of decorating.

Holly said...

decorations look beautiful! How fun that you have two mantels. I don't even have one!

Ian, Kels & Lilly said...

Holly, I am in the same boat as you! Mia.....I love your house and you decorating. I especialy love the gold mantel. My Christmas stuff is all gold and you have inspired me! Ian and I are talking seriuosly about trying to come out there this year!

The Funderburks said...

Wish we could come visit! I love the purple, red, gold tree and the darling elfish stockings!

Macy said...

Mia,
Love your trees, they are both so beautiful! I love the topiary idea..so cute.

the medeiros family said...

MIA!!! Well, hello there! I saw the comment you left on Angie's blog...so fun to find your blog! You home looks just gorgeous! Are you coming out for Christmas? Do you mind if I add your link to my blog? :)
julie

the medeiros family said...

Okay...it's me again! I've had soo much fun scanning over some of your old posts! You've got such a darling family! Congratulations on the new calling...you will do an amazing job! As you can tell from my blog, I'm very green...there are so many fun things I want to learn how to do w/ it...you'll have to help me! :)

SUMMER said...

Your house looks so warm and inviting! I LOVE your holiday decor and the $10 rummage sale tree turned out fabulous!!!

Mama Mia said...

Julie I am so happy to be in contact with you via...your blog! No, I won't be in UT for Christmas. We are going to TX to visit Bruce's parents who are on a mission there. Tell everyone hello, I will miss all the girls! Tell them to start blogging! It is so fun! I will be happy to help you with whatever I can!:)

Carly said...

looks good!

Molly said...

What a darling house! We should all take a trip to Omaha and get some decorating tips! Your christmas tree is beautiful!

Ty and Holly said...

It's fun to see what your house looks like, so pretty!

Shalyse said...

Such awesome decorations. I love your cute style! You should open a little boutique! Merry Christmas..oh and LOVE your darling card, thanks!