Saturday, December 22, 2007

When You Can't See Out the Window...


It's a GOOD thing! One of my favorite things I enjoy at this time of year is receiving Christmas Cards! Christmas Cards have been a strong Bingham/Johnston family tradition. It started with my Grandpa Bingham. His mother died young and he found that he had no family picture with her in it! From that time forward he always took a picture of his family, once a year...which turned out to be a Christmas Card! The importance of this, has pass on to his kids, and now all the Grand kids!
Christmas cards are a nice way to remember those who mean so much to you but you don't necessarily get to see as often as you would like to! Bruce and I both love to open the mail, this time of year and see what family or friend has remembered us this year! Thank you to all of you! I find myself looking over my beautiful cards several times a day! I have had many visitors over and I love showing them, all my family and friends, that live near and far!


We are off to Texas after Primary tomorrow. Today is a day full of laundry and packing! You would think I have packing down to a science by now, but I don't! I still pack the wrong things and find myself on vacation with nothing to wear! It is fun to travel at Christmas time to be near family and friends but hauling all the gifts is a PAIN! Hope it all fits! We are so excited to see Grandma and Grandpa Bischoff in San Angelo. We have some fun things planned in San Antonio for a couple days and then off to Cypress to see the Sessions Family! Ready or not here we come....

9 comments:

the medeiros family said...

Yep...love the Christmas cards!
Isn't packing the worst? And, somehow it's always left up to the women, huh?! I didn't know you had family in Texas...have a wonderful, safe trip! (I was hoping you were heading here...let me know when you head to Utah, I'd love to see you!)

Moose said...

Somehow the men always have to load and unload!

Mama Mia said...

Wah Wah...Bruce!

Shalyse said...

I love Christmas Cards too!!! They are our FAVORITE! Yours was adorable! Hope you guys have a wonderful and safe trip and a Merry Christmas! :-)

Parry's said...

Christmas cards are one of my favorite things at christmas season, although my door is not as full as yours. I was dissapointed with mine this year. How funny about packing...I always pack way too much. Have fun and Merry Christmas

Ty said...

Lots of cards!

The Funderburks said...

your collection rivals holly's! I aspire to such greatness! ;) I love Christmas cards too.

Here is my packing strategy - it is a pain but it makes your trip oh so pleasant. I spend about a good hour while packing just trying on outfits so that when we are away there is one less decision to make. I only pack the outfits I decide on.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reminding me where our photo card tradition all began. I love my cards too. I have fun showing off all the cute families.

Anonymous said...

You guys are popular!