I can't stop thinking about it...constantly! Two weeks ago I was made Primary President. Nobody was more surprised than me... So now I need some cool ideas... come one everyone tell me some great things you are seeing in Primary out there! Anything from Sharing Time to birthdays or activities etc.!!!! Thanks! I need all the help I can get!
Sunday, December 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





12 comments:
oh Mia...YOU WILL BE AWESOME! The kids are going to be obsessed with you! But I have to admit, I completely feel your pain. I was just called to be Primary Chorister (mind you, I have no clue how to lead music or carry a tune). I stress 24-7 about it! I use www.sugardoodle.net a lot. they always have cute idea's.
Of course popcilcle sticks with their names on them are good to pick kids, but even better if you have a little something about each kid on the stick too, that way everybody gets to know eachother a little more.
And whoever gives the talk for that week picks from the sticks for the next weeks talks/scrips.
we just started 'spotlight child' all the kids stand up and then sit down until the spolight child is described-the kids love that!
ok and one last thing-to try to get the kids to bring their scriptures, every week whoever brought them holds them up and we all sing Scripture Power super loud and they get a penny for every pair of scriptures. i don't know exactly what they will do with all the money, but it's still fun... :-) ok...long comment!
You will do great and Heavenly Father will work through you. Always have it structured and nurturing and the kids will be the happiest.
You will have to e-mail or call Amby, who is also the Primary President and it is quite a full time job. She does so many cute things and really loves it. You are the perfect person and will make it a fun time for the children.
and....Molly is a counselor. She's got lots of ideas from her Salt Lake area.
Hey Mia - I am the Primary Secretary in our ward. Stacy Passey (so have you met yet?) was the president who called me but was released two months ago. The one thing she started in our ward is that we have combined closing exercises. We have all the junior and senior primary together for birthdays, visitors, talks and some singing time. The older kids can then be examples to the younger ones. It also allows us more time for singing and sharing time. I also take all the roll for the entire primary - over 100 kids. It's easier than organizing folders for all the teachers to take individual rolls and updating the lists when families move in/out all the time. I'd be happy to share the excel spreadsheets I've put together for organizational purposes if you'd like....YOU'LL DO GREAT!!!
wow, Congratulations! You will be so fun and great! I am also in primary, so any ideas would be great here too! Amby is the primary Pres in her ward and I steal every idea she invents...and she invents alot!
theideadoor.com has great ideas. and Sugardoodle.net has some too! We need our own little blog dedicated to primary ideas!! Its so time consuming and I know "Mind consuming" too!
So im sure your thinking, Ali who?? Ali Springer I know its probably been like 12 years.. Anyway Shelly told me you had a blog so i had to check it out! It is darling and so are your kids. They all look like mini Mia's!
Congratulations! Oh my goodness, you will do such a great job!!! I can't really offer any advice, but while we're at it... I need advice on being scout leaders! Anyone?
You will do a great job as primary president. Our ward made a darling 3 tiered paper cake (sprinkles, frosting,ect)made all from paper. The candles are pencils that say I love primary. So when it is the kids or teachers Birthdays they get to pick a candle and we sing to them. I use a magic rope (jump rope) to keep the sunbeams together when they go from sharing time to class. Maybe evry ward does this but I'll tell you anyway. At the beginning of the year the presidency gives each kid a CD (copy) of the primary songs that will be sang in the program that year.
P.S. are you okay in freezing OMAHA? I keep hearing about the bad weather(Brings back memories) Last night on the news here they said "at least we are not Omaha" it made me feel bad for you.
IDEA - well my darling visiting teaching partner is in the primary and she told me about these yahoo chat groups for primary ideas that you can log into. Have you heard of those? Might want to google it...
No way Mia! What a HUGE calling! I am good friends with our primary president and I will ask her for some ideas!
Post a Comment