A gunman opened fire in one of my favorite stores today, killing at least eight people before taking his own life. Five more people were wounded, two critically. The shoppers and employees ran screaming through the store and barricaded themselves in dressing rooms and clothing racks, after hearing what they first thought was "construction" but soon realized was gunfire. The gunman was found dead on the third floor, which happens to be the Children's Department. An employee, said he heard a burst of five to six shots followed by 15 to 20 more rounds. This is crazy. I can't believe this happened here in Omaha. I was just in this exact store Monday!
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Never thought it would happen in Omaha...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





15 comments:
I am just so glad that you were not in that store today Mia!!!
I was thinking about you today when I heard! Glad you guys are ok...Those poor people!
This is so awful! Dan has been there working all night. I wish they wouldn't give it so much news time... the reason he did it is so he could die famous and they just play right into his wishes!
I heard about that earlier today and I thought about you and hoped that you hadn't gone shopping today. I feel so bad for all those people and their families especially right before Christmas.
I am so glad you posted tonight. I wanted to call but thought I might be called "Glo Jr" Reed said to me, " "Omaha has a million people, Julie...what are the chances?" I said "Mia in the Mall...at Christmas ? The chances are pretty high" Anyway, I'm so glad you weren't there and I am so sorry for all those involved. Deja Vu...Trolley Square.
Mia, I am so glad you were not there! I am so sorry to hear that news, I can't believe how selfish some people are! That is the saddest story ever!
I too am so glad you weren't there! I hadn't even heard about it 'cause I never watch news anymore....Here's to special prayers for the family who we affected by such a selfish person.
Mia,
I have meaning to write all morning, and ask if you are anywhere this mall tragedy? What a horrible thing to happen. Glad you were not out shopping.
Thanks for all the calls and emails! We are fine...I just feel so bad for these families!
I love that store. It sounds just like the Trolley Square incident. Which means violence can happen anywhere!
That is so scary...I can't believe these things even happen. I'm glad your safe!
I was thinking of you immediately. I always loved to go to Von Maur. We always parked and entered the mall there. The girls loved to hear the piano, Aubrey even got to play there. It is still so hard to believe. My heart aches for the families of the victims and really for all who call Omaha home. So glad your family is unharmed.
A repeat to all the comments above.... My thoughts went straight to you and all of the people I love that live or have lived in Omaha. I was in a Utah Mall yesterday and the security was unreal. What a crazy messed up world. Love you all
MIA..I have been thinking about you all day! When Kevin woke me up and told me I was so sick. I had my HealthRider store right across the hall from Von Mar. I use to go to work there everyday when I lived in Omaha. It just hit to close to home for me. I am so glad you were not shopping that day. Love Ya!
Ok Mia, This is so sad. I am so glad you or your family were'nt in there!! I do feel so bad for the families of those killed. Life is so precious! Take care, Happy Holidays!
Post a Comment