Bruce and Jeff took their annual hunting trip a few weeks ago. I am just getting around to blogging it. Hunting is something Bruce really looks forward to all year. The guys come from near and far and meet up in Kansas. This year they found a hotel in the tiny town of Satanta and paid only $35 a night. Funny thing was... they had 3 to a room! So these 6'5 plus size men were taking turns sharing a bed!!!! Now that is thrifty for you! After lots of hunting, the group hit their limit of 80 pheasants. I am happy to say, I didn't see one of them! Thank you Bruce... he knows my rule he can go but don't bring anything home...send the dead birds home with your buddies! Thank you Jeff for inviting Bruce along but Bruce wanted me to add no thanks on the curly red hairs left on the soap.
Sunday, January 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





8 comments:
I had to tell the kids as they asked, no honey they didn't feel a thing. :) I don't blame you for the rule. Who would want to clean those things.
Dad used to go once a year to watch the dogs work. I even tried cooking them once, only once.
So what does one do with 40 dead pheasants? Can you just take them to the dump?
Most people eat them! "They taste like chicken." We pay a lady to clean them for us and give them to people who like them.
I love your rule! Hilarious, I would say the same thing! :-)
I love your rule! Hilarious, I would say the same thing! :-)
Uh, Bruce, 2000 acres of hunting land, free place to stay w/out camping and good company. Common, come visit, bring family and friends and come hunt bear, wild boar, coyotes, bob cats, deer, and cougar! All here in Oregon with your favorite cousin.
Eric will be so jealous!!
Post a Comment