Monday, January 7, 2008

Kiss me under the Mistletoe!


Throughout Texas we saw trees with this green ball-like plant growing in the branches. We found out that this is Mistletoe. It is a parasitic plant! It actually kills the trees. Birds eat the seeds and it spreads all over. Talk about the kiss of death!

6 comments:

SUMMER said...

When I was younger, I would chop this down with my dad. Then I would put them in celo bags and sell them in December for money. Thanks for bringing me back to a fun childhood memory! :)

Anonymous said...

Learn something new everyday! I didn't know that was how it grew.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm...how interesting!

the medeiros family said...

You're kidding...I had now idea! Hey, I forgot to answer your question about the paper on my cards...they are printed on "metallic" paper. :)

Laurie said...

This is off the subject, but the picture of Brooklyn by "kid quote" is so dang cute!!! I love hearing her talk-sweet quote.

Holly said...

WOW--I did not know that!!