Sunday, January 27, 2008

It's sad to say goodbye...


Tonight at 7:00 pm. our Prophet Gordon B. Hinckley died. He is an inspiration to me and all who had the wonderful opportunity to listen to him. He is the Prophet I most relate to. He was the "People's Prophet". He had a special way about him that reached every ones heart.

Today in Primary we had a wonderful singing time. Our chorister taught the children a cute song about Gordon B. Hinckley. I had never heard it before. It was published in the Friend a few years ago. We talked about how to be constant and steadfast. We also mentioned how cute President Hinckley was and how he always talked with his hands to emphasize his words. Little did we know he would be gone just hours later. I hope he felt our love as we sang tribute to him. Thanks Sister Hirst for being in tune with the spirit and helping us all think of our Prophet Gordon B. Hinckley.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mia, I wanted to talk to you and Carly because I knew that neither of you might not hear as readily as the rest of us. I really felt a loss and wanted to be near all my children. This is a great picture of him. Your Primary was in touch with the spirit today.

Callee said...

I felt a loss also. He will be trully missed. Can you imagine the greeting he must have got in Heaven? I know he must be so happy to be with the love of his life again.

Glenda said...

Every member I know feels the same. How great that your Primary was so in tune! So many good memories of our beloved Prophet!

The Back Row Pew said...

Such a nice post. I was actually talking to Lisa, planning a shower for Maeve, when Reed came in to tell me. I have been so sad and yet so inspired remembering all the things I loved about him. I immediately called, mom mom, Ali and Amby who are out of state. What a wonderful Primary tribute. Your children will never forget that.

Shalyse said...

He really was such an amazing man and leader. That is so awesome that your Primary got to learn more about him and sing, how special!