Monday, January 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Big Mike!

This is a picture of my Dad, Grandpa Johnston,my Great Grandma Johnston and me as a baby. Four generations of Johnstons! Happy Birthday Dad. I love this picture...you remind me so much of your Dad. You acquired all his good qualities! Thank you for always being a big part of my life through every phase! From fun daddy daughter dates, digging for money in sawdust, to funny jokes...or not so funny jokes, scaring away most of my dates, priesthood blessings,and handy man rescues or advice! Thank you now for being a part of this phase of my life, being a wonderful grandpa and taking time to spend with the grand kids!

One tradition I am missing out on today...My Dad gives presents to everyone else on his birthday! Growing up, it was such a surprise to come down to the breakfast table and see gifts beside every ones plate! He is so giving and selfless! We love you! Happy Birthday Dad!

13 comments:

Neil said...

Moose, I'm ready to go out with Rochelle. What's her number?

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mia.
You haven't missed out on the gift-giving tradition. I haven't done it for the past 2 years. I'll try to resurrect it for next year.
Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

Both you and Dad look so cute. I remember those wonderful days. Thanks for all you do. I have to admit, I did get a small present.

Ty said...

I love these old photos. They are so classic. Great Grandma Johnston lived such a long life (90's I believe). It's amazing that she actually spoke french, right?

the medeiros family said...

Happy birthday to your dad! So fun to see a photo of you as a baby! :)
And...I don't blame your for not wanting Bruce to bring home the game from his hunt! lol

Glenda said...

Oh is that picture ever priceless!! What a touching birthday blog! I can tell how much you love your Dad.
Bruce I am impressed with your hunting skills! I would like to taste Pheasant some day!! But could not eat it if i saw them being cleaned!!

My Boys and Me said...

Happy Birthday Mia's Dad!! He still looks exactly the same. That's awesome. What a great picture and fun tradition.

Laurie said...

Happy Birthday to your dad! I know how much your parents mean to you...you always talk so highly of both of them. Your dad sounds like a wonderful man.

The Back Row Pew said...

That is just a GREAT picture !! A very nice post.

Barbies Blog said...

ohh, such a cute baby!

Carly said...

great gma johnston spoke french? What?...

SUMMER said...

Does Big Mike share Haven's b-day? How did I not know this? LOVE this man and hope that his day was great!!!

SUMMER said...

Does Big Mike share Haven's b-day? How did I not know this? LOVE this man and hope that his day was great!!!