Saturday, July 5, 2008

Independence Day!


To celebrate the 4th of July we started early! Our ward had a Breakfast and Primary Parade. The food was delicious and the kids enjoyed making crafts and decorating their bikes for the parade! The parade went smooth and the kids did so well! We are so lucky to have these kids in our ward!



Brother Fredricks, a member of our bishopric, was enjoying the parade...he is the funnest person! I love his sense of humor!
Later the girls and Bruce headed to Lifetime for a swim. Easton and I prepared homemade raspberry ice cream, guacamole, salsa, and salad to take to the Behans!
We loved hanging with Wayne, Sharla, Jeff, Laurie, TJ and Wendy! We all enjoyed a great BBQ with all the fixins! We played outdoor games and lit fireworks! Here in Omaha the fireworks are crazy...each family is puts on their own professional show!!! Sharla's house is situated with a great view and we were able to enjoy many West O firework displays! Thanks to Bruce, Jeff and Easton for the show. We are glad to report their were no injuries!
It was a great 4th of July!

18 comments:

spenceandcass said...

Happy 4th of July! Today I was feeling bad for not lighting fireworks for Ava yesterday.....so tonight I let her do sparklers........and she tried to put it out with her hand.....It was pretty traumatic. I think I'll leave the fireworks to Layton city from now on.

Johnston Family said...

Cute 4th of July Kids! Your parade looked like a lot of fun! Brea had a small injury with a sparkler. I am glad your family was injury free! :)

Laurie said...

The night was a blast! I'm glad we spent it together...good times with fun families. Yes, I will email the pictures to you. I hope the quality is ok for blurb, I took them in only 5 megapixels.

Shalyse said...

such a fun day...you guys are always doing fun stuff. Your kids are darling and I am JEALOUS that they went swimming at Lifetime...it's my new favorite place! wish we had one closer :-)

Ty and Holly said...

I think you forgot to share a small miracle (that is apparent from your photos). Easton was eating a peice of corn on the cob! I'm pretty sure that would count as major progression for E-dawg.

Ty

Carly said...

The girls dresses are darling!

ray said...

Love Easton's long hair! Nathaniel had tresses creeping down his neck so I shaved it all and he cried! I'll wait for it to grow a little before showing him Easton's pics.

Wish we could've been there to join the fun!

Jenny Lee said...

Looks like you had a really fun 4th! Thanks for being concerned about my mom. I know she'll be O.K. but it's been really hard to see her like this. Here's a website to get the weather code for your blog - http://www.blogskinny.com/?Weather
Love, Jenny

the medeiros family said...

What a fun day...looks like you have such a fun group of friends!
HEY...are you heading to UT soon? I know Erin is in town this month. It would be fun to get together...let me know! :)

The Funderburks said...

you captured some great kodak moments.

Bethers said...

The food looked great, the kids looked darling...so fun. We missed you.

The Back Row Pew said...

Cute post...and what fun families to hang out with. It looks like a fabulous 4th

Glenda said...

Your family knows how to celebrate! I love your kids dressed in their red,white and blue festivities! I think you fit the quote "Bloom where you are planted"!! Hope to see you at the reunion.

Molly said...

I love all your kids cute festive outfits! Looks so fun!

Holly said...

Oh Mia Your kids are so beautiful. Easton is soooooo handsome! I love his long hair!! Sorry we missed you on your breeze through Utah. I am sad because we won't get to see you next time you come because we will be in Europe. I may have to come vist you this fall!!

Johnston Family said...

wow that looks like lots of fun!!Easton,Brighton ,Brooklyn.A

Johnston Family said...

wow that looks like lots of fun!!Easton,Brighton ,Brooklyn.A

Johnston Family said...

Hey Mia, Sometimes Brea likes to leave comments without my help. Excited to see you soon!