Friday, February 8, 2008

Mama's Fish House

After a long day of SAND and SUN, Bruce and I were able to get away without the kids for a very ROMANTIC dinner. I had heard that MAMA'S FISHOUSE is number one in Maui and made reservations early. You can't beat the location and ocean view! Check out our table, I pulled a few strings and they gave us the best table in the house! I love this tropical paradise!

Without a question Mama's Fish House had the best seafood I have ever tasted. The setting was magnificent, the food was full of flavor and freshness. Bruce ordered the best appetizer I have ever tasted. It was the perfect combonation of spicy and sweet. It was spicy tenderloin strips set in a papaya. I had a tender pork with onions, sweet potatoes, and tomatoes wrapped in a bananna leaf and steamed. When it was served, they cut open the leaves and poured coconut milk over the meat....perfection! For our main course Bruce ordered a Ole and Mahi Mahi curry the flavor was amazing. I ordered a macadamia nut encrusted Mahi Mahi stuffed with crab and lobster, I don't need to say more. We ended the night with these desserts....Chocolate Carmel Pie and the Black Pearl (Chocolate cake with a passionfruit cream filling!) They were almost too pretty to eat!
It was a great night! Thanks Bruce for taking me on a wonderful date, it is a night I won't forget . Another special thank you goes to the Anderson's for watching the kids. They were able to enjoy Mama's the night before for their 9th anniversary! It is great going with such fun friends, our families get along so well!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

We ahave really enjoyed all the pictures. It is almost like being there ha ha . You and Bruce look so good togeather and the food is beautiful. Brighton is quite the poser. We love You,

the medeiros family said...

So glad you could have a night without the kids, esp in such a beautiful setting! And...mmmmm...my mouth is watering hearing about the food! :)

Rich and Tyra said...

Okay, I just ate and now I am hungry again after looking at this post! LOL! You and Bruce look so cute together!

Shalyse said...

Did Mama's give Bruce the "#4" bug? :-) JK!

You guys are cute and I am now wanting that appetizer this very second!

Ty said...

I just want one of those desserts. Amazing.

Anonymous said...

I am starving right now and all I want is that main course you had and both the deserts. They were works of art?? How much was your meal? Just checking. See you at the airport on your layover..don't tell the kids but we are bringing Brea.

Heidi A said...

This all looks SO fun. I'm glad you're having a good time. What a nice break!

Mercy said...

I've sure enjoyed your posts from Hawaii - almost like being there...okay, not quite but I'm so glad you're having fun! Our friends Stacy and Eldon move to Omaha in 2 weeks...I hope you get to meet them.

SUMMER said...

Mama Mia at Mama's Fish House! I LOVE it! OK- We went to Mama's Fish House when we were in Maui a couple years ago and I have to agree... BEST PLACE EVER! Love the location and the food (especially dessert) was fabulous! Super jealous!!!

Macy said...

Looks like such a fun vacation , Mia. Especially in these winter months. HOw nice that you got away there without the kids for an evening.

deborahbird said...

It's all about the food....looks yummy.

McCall said...

Wow! This place looks and sounds amazing. My mouth is watering after your photos and descriptions of the food. My good friend's sister-in-law actually works at that restaurant. Her son was over her playing with Cayden yesterday and was wearing a "Mama's Fish House" shirt!