Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My President's Day Project

My table and chairs are 9 years old. I can't wait to purchase a new set but have decided to wait. The set has been good but the wood is soft, they just don't make things the way they use to. So my kids, will continue to carve their names and alphabet into the table top, every time they do their homework. To make me feel better, I tell myself that it adds character... right??? I also have been tossing the idea around to paint it all black. My only fear is that the paint won't adhear to the table and chip off as the kids do their homework. The chairs have had one too many cups of milk spilled on them. So I decided to recover the chair cushions to spruce everything up!
Brighton is always a good little helper! She helped me remove staples from the old cushions.

It is amazing what a difference a new piece of fabric can do! Hancock Fabric was having a 50% off decorator fabric last Sat. and so I recovered 6 chairs for $21.00!

15 comments:

Molly said...

you have such great taste! 21.00 dollars...that's crazy! Way to go...the look great!

Anonymous said...

Nice choice of fabric...I love it!

Bethers said...

Looks nice! I like how you and Bruce delay things until it is the right time....this is good.

the medeiros family said...

Looks great, Mia! I'm planning on re-doing my table and chairs, too. However, I have another certain project that I need to finish first! lol ;) Maybe someday I'll finish that darn banister!

Johnston Family said...

Mia,
You are so talented and amazing! Love the new chair covers!

McCall said...

I'm so impressed with the chairs! They look great. And I'm LOVING your new blog design!

Unknown said...

I remember the first chairs you covered of Grandma Bischoffs and your still making things look great. I bet Brighton loved helping.

Anonymous said...

Looks good!

Beckie said...

I LOVE that fabric. Great job!

Barbies Blog said...

Where did you learn how to do that? I've been wanting to do that but we will need to refinish the wood first. Great Job!

Anonymous said...

They turned out great, Good Job!

Shalyse said...

those look great..and even cuter b/c you got the fabric so cheap! Nice work! :-)

Rich and Tyra said...

It looks good! You are always good at doing stuff like that!

Cams said...

Hi Mia! Looks great. I can't believe you did all that AND had my kids at the house. Wow. You are Wonder Woman!

The Back Row Pew said...

Cute Chairs !! What a great Pres Day project.