Sunday, April 20, 2008

Dinner and Games at the Behans!

Meet Sharla and Wayne! They are some of our favorite people. The Skyline ward had an Auction to raise money for girls camp. Our friends called us frantically as they were biding, to see if we would want to go in on a Dinner and Game Night at the Behans! We were so glad they thought to call us and boy would we have missed out if they hadn't! Sharla, Wendy, Laurie, Moi, and Kim!The table was set beautifully! Sharla and Wayne out did themselves for this dinner. Sharla was cooking in the kitchen most of the day and man it was worth every minute of it! "Luigi" as Sharla called him most of the night was our server! We first started off with a delicious Italian bean soup with homemade croutons and then came a lovely salad...I didn't think to take a picture of these two because I was eating and enjoying everything.

Then I tasted the Gnocchi with this delicious homemade sauce...yumm! I had seconds even though I knew I had to save room for the whole dinner ahead! I got my blogger mind going and decided to take pics of the rest of the amazing courses!

Next we had a pallet cleanser...it was a refreshing citrus juice slush! We also had Cranberry juice! These glasses were custom etched for Wayne in China. Then we had mozzarella, crispy prosciutto and capers on the most delicious crackers...I need to get the name of them...they were so good it was like eating cookies. Yes, we are still eating and eating ...and then came the Main course...This chicken was too die for...it was done perfect- crispy on the outside and juicy in the inside! Sharla has cooking secrets to make everything turn out! She soaks her chicken in a salt water solution for a half hour then made a delicious breading and fried it up in olive oil (which is the best oil for browning she told us). Topped it off with her homemade marinara sauce and cheese! HEAVEN ON A PLATE! She also made polenta. It had a good flavor and there was one of my favorite ingredients in there...cheese! Every thing was done to perfection! We were so full we were tired!

After dinner the girls talked and the boys played golf on the Wii. For dessert we had a homemade from scratch Almond Torte with whipping cream and berries! Then we decided at 10:30 to start a game of Settlers of Cattan. We didn't get home until 12:30 am!

It was one of my most favorite dates ever! Sharla and Wayne went above and beyond what we could have imagined! What a great night! Thanks for being such great friends... I called Sharla today and asked her to give me cooking lessons! After all that delicious food...I will be hitting the GYM Monday!

14 comments:

Jennie said...

Yum.... I am so hungry just reading about it all. What a fabulous night. Good food and good friends ~ the best combination!

Shalyse said...

HOLY COW!! I bet that night went for tons at the auction...it better have! Sounds like an amazing evening!

Laurie said...

Love the Behans. Love the dinner. Love our friends.

Johnson Family said...

Oh, wow! thats mostly what comes to mined. oh yeah and yum!

Carly said...

uhhh. Will she teach me to cook too?

Anonymous said...

That sounds like the most amazing meal ever! She really made it worth what ever it cost to bid on it!

Holly said...

Yummy! I loved the auction they did for girls camp when I was in Omaha. I wish they did it here!!

the medeiros family said...

What a fun night...mmmm....I'm hungry now! It looks like it was delicious! Hey...are you heading to UT anytime soon?

Glenda said...

That made me so hungry reading about that delicious meal! How fun, i want the recipies!!

ArchRay said...

Are they getting this directly from Italy somehow? Sounds wonderful.

The Funderburks said...

yum. I want all of those recipes.

Neil said...

Bruce... I want to call Rochelle but only if she knows it's coming. I was going to call her a while back but was kind of pursuing someone else. I still have her number. What do you think?

Bethers said...

It is 10 at night and I am hungry and this looked so delicious and fun. You have great people in your life!

Ian, Kels & Lilly said...

Mia...you look so cute in this picture. I love your shirt!