Our last night on Hawai'i we were able to pick any restaurant and have a private dinner by ourselves. Bruce found this neat restaurant, Pahui'a in the Four Seasons Hotel. The Four Seasons was amazing...they take paradise to a whole new level! Our food (I couldn't resist the Lobster!) was delicious and the view was amazing!
And for dessert...ha ha ha ...here is a little trick we use to get the best seat in the house...everyday we celebrate our anniversary!
Our last day was filled with snorkeling and sun! Good bye blue cabanas and virgin Lava Flows! Good bye to my carefree, tropical vacation...
Good bye black lava rock and white sandy beaches! Good bye sun and time alone together...
Goodbye Mauna Lani Resort...here is a shot of the inside of the hotel from our room it was open air hallways looking down on this...
Hello...cold, dreary Omaha. We are glad to see Easton, Brighton and Brooklyn! Thank you to Grandma Johnston and Grandpa Johnston who stayed with our kids! Grandpa even flew solo over the weekend while Grandma went back to Utah to be with Maeve and Miles! Grandpa did so well! He took all 3 kids to movie by himself! He managed to get 3 kites in the air at once this weekend, did Brighton's hair for ballet and school and even had my house nice and clean when I arrived home...amazing! Thank you to all our friends who helped out with the kids this weekend and checked in on my Mom. She was amazed at all the neat friends and all the support I have in Omaha! Now back to the grind!





18 comments:
lol at your dessert...very clever! Glad you all had such a great trip...we are all living vicariously through your tropical 2008!!
I know it is hard, but it is great having you back! I had to laugh that your dad did Brighton's hair.
Welcome back to hell!
You have awesome parents!
Ahhh...what an amazing trip! Love your "anniversary" trick! lol Lots of good memories to look back on!
I am dying at the "trick" I am TOTALLY stealing that!!! How smart :-) Welcome home, it's always hard to be back, but seeing the kids probably makes it all worth it!
I love the it's my anniversary thing. I have to use that sometimes.(lol)
GEE, Bruce and Mia: You guys look great over there in the Hawaiian Islands!
(again!) We are jealous!
CONGRATULATIONS Bruce on VPC and NUMBER ONE in the region!!!
I sure hope our Jeffrey can catch up to you! Best of Luck in '08 from your "non member" friends!
Doug & Jeanne Williams
Ha! Ha! Ha! I know who you are Mr. Anonymous!
Such great posts and amazing pictures. Loved them. You are the pro to contact for Hawaii adventures! Congrats to Bruce on his accomplishments!!
you have no idea how bad I want that chocolate cake right now!
Wow! I'm surprised that a grandpa can do all of that! I don't think any of the three grandpas my kids have could! Great idea about the anniversaries! I may use that some day!
By the way, I didn't know your maiden name was Johnston. My mom's maiden name was Johnstone.
It's always so fun to get back to the grind!! Glad you had a great time in Paradise! Good thing you had children waiting at home for you or you may never have returned!lol.
I hope the luxury lasts for awhile. We had fun with the kids and dad was really getting into the rhythm of it by the time he left. We miss them already and I didn't get to see enough of you!
Welcome home, I love your "anniversary" celebration - I'll have to use that. At least you have all your amazing pics to help bring the sunshine back with you. Aren't grandparents the best. Sounds like you have some great ones! Even a clean house - what a great treat!
THE FOUR SEASONS!? Now that is celebrity statis!
Boy, I haven't seen Lee Press on Nails like those in years.
I love Hawaii. Even though we were in Cancun about the same time, I really miss Hawaii. Love the anniversary trick, we're going to try that. AWESOME fish Bruce, you didn't brag once about that at dinner the other night. By the looks of that nude beach...I could go there and be considered a goddess. Lot's of fun.
Post a Comment