Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Too Busy doing Nothing!

Nothing great to blog about this week. I have been so busy but nothing really to report about. I did learn something new from my cousin Shalyse! RSS feeds save blogging time! Yeah! Sorry if many of you already use or know about feeds ...It was new to me! Thanks for enlightening me Shalyse!
I don't know if many of you are like me, I love to check blogs but it takes Sooooo long clicking on each individual blog! In order to save time I put together my feed list...it notifies me if anyone on my list has updated. Then I go just to those blogs!


Here are the directions for those of you who use Internet Explorer:
1. Go to the blog you want to subscribe to.
2. On the top of your browser click on the RSS Feed button:

3. You will be taken to the feed screen for that blog. Click on Subscribe to this feed
4. A box will pop up click on Subscribe button

That's it!
To view your updated feeds in your Internet Explorer:

1. Click on your
button that drops down your favorites menu.

2. There are three sections Favorites, Feeds and History. Click Feeds.
3. Your list of feeds you subscribed to will drop down. Every time a feed is updated that feed will be in BOLD.

Things to note...I wanted to change the frequency in which my computer will update feeds from once a day to every 15 min. I did this in tools. I went to Internet Options. Click on Content Tab.
There is a feed section at the bottom click on Settings Button. Change it to every 15 minutes.

You can't subscribe to a private blog you have to just check that one manually.

When you want to comment (we all love comments so please keep them coming!) click on the title of the post or title of the blog it will take you right to it so you can comment.

Hope this helps you save time! Have a great day!

10 comments:

Johnson Family said...

thanks for sharing, I'll try it out!

the medeiros family said...

Dang, I'm lost...I'm calling Chad up to translate for me. lol He's my computer tutor! I'll let you know if I figure it out! ;)

spenceandcass said...

Mia! This is so funny because I was just thinking today, "wouldn't it be cool if there was a way to be notified when your friends update their blogs so you don't have to waste time going from site to site!" And then I read your blog and I find out that there is a way! That's awesome....thanks for the directions!

Kimberly and Jason Enlow said...

Thanks for the info. However, I am still confused, so maybe you can walk me through it at your or my house. Thanks again for having the boys yesterday. They had a great time.

Jen Giorgis said...

I've always wondered how you seem to be the first to always comment on everyones blogs. Aha....the cat is now out of the bag. I guess I'm just a bit behind on this whole blogging thing. I love your blog. Thanks for the tip!

the medeiros family said...

Ok, Mia...I think I figured it out! Glad you pointed this out to me...it got me to update my browser!

Shalyse said...

It's the best! SAVES so much time, huh? It's like you have your time back! :-) It was great chatting with you the other day, you are so cute!

Bekah said...

What great information! I just did this!

Holly said...

Thanks for the tip!! I am going to try it but I might have to call you!!

Ty and Holly said...

Mia, I've been trying to figure this out...help! I can't find the feed button. And my Star logo is the favorite link???