The SL Tribune called and asked me if we were commemorating 9/11 at school and I told them that our students were so young and that we were not going to bring up the violence. I guess that was radical because it was picked up by the AP, it was in all the newspapers and Fox News in NY wanted to interview me for the national news.I did not return their call. I didn't intend to make news. We are a patriotic school but many of these kids were not born when it happened and it is confusing to the younger kids.
7 comments:
Wow Mia I even totally forgot about 9/11 today. Thanks for the reminder. That was a life changing day.
I will never forget that day and the scared feeling I had for months...
ah...I will always remember waking up to that ALL over the news and then waking Brian up, we just sat and watched FOR HOURS...so sad!
The SL Tribune called and asked me if we were commemorating 9/11 at school and I told them that our students were so young and that we were not going to bring up the violence. I guess that was radical because it was picked up by the AP, it was in all the newspapers and Fox News in NY wanted to interview me for the national news.I did not return their call. I didn't intend to make news. We are a patriotic school but many of these kids were not born when it happened and it is confusing to the younger kids.
I remember that I had just had Madi and I thought, "What kind of world have I brought her into?" I was so scared to raise my family!
Maeve...I always think of you their in NYC!
Mom...I can't believe the National News wanted an interview! Good move on not answering the call.
I meant "there" sorry it's late! Can't make myself go to bed!
Post a Comment