...I am now a DANCE TEACHER! Can you believe it? I can't. I have always tossed the idea around in my head. I have kind of dreamed of having a small dance school, or maybe a studio in my basement. I wasn't expecting this right now! I was enrolling Brighton in a new dance studio called, Studio D (cute huh). I was talking with the owner and telling her what I was looking for and some of my background. She asked me if I would like to teach a Ballet Technique class. I said, "No" right a way. She explained that they have a few students who need to work on basics and it seemed pretty low key. I couldn't stop thinking about it. It is a good way to dip my toes in! I am also intrigued with how she runs everything. I taught last night for the first time. It was fun and nerve racking!
I owe a big thank you to Carly, she is the ballerina of the family. Carly took time to help me come up with a game plan and brush up on all the steps and vocabulary! She even helped me pick out some music and I burned it to a CD!
This is what I feel like after not dancing for 13 years. The students ranged from age 15 down to 9. They are all ability levels which can be challenging. I did see some small improvement even in the first class! It should be a fun learning experience for both the students and I! Wish me luck!
Friday, September 21, 2007
It's Official...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





10 comments:
You will be GREAT and the little ballerinas will love you! What a new fun thing.
That sounds so fun! I would love to do something like that - it's always nice to make money doing something you love.:)
That sounds so fun Mia! Way to go for trying something new and I am sure you will be fabulous at teaching!
I was thinking about you on Thursday and I am so glad that it turned out so well. It is really good for all of us to stretch and do things that we love but that may be uncomfortable.
how much fun!!! I bet they will love you! :-)
Mia you will be great. I can only think of all the hours you have coached and helped me with my technique. If you can work with me you can teach anyone. Thank you for helping me by the way.
Mia, will you teach my girls? You will make a fantastic dance teacher.
Mia...That is so great. I will always remember you as such a beautiful dancer.
You will do awesome! You are so good at everything you do!!!
Mia, you'd be so fun to dance with! I think its awesome that you're teaching. Have fun with it. :)
Post a Comment