Easton's Blue and Gold Banquet was last Friday. Easton (the head) and his fellow scouters did a cute skit about a Chinese dragon named Cheech. Cheech could do all sorts of tricks. He even could step over the Bishop but...Splash....opps! Cheech isn't potty trained! Sorry this picture isn't the best but the Bishop's reaction was great!
The kids made fun Chinese masks!
Cute Chinese lanterns hung from the ceiling and homemade Dragon Chains on the tables...Here is Caden, Easton and Taylor! We all enjoyed a Chinese Dinner with Sesame Chicken, Beef and Broccoli, Fried Rice, Vegetable Medially, Egg Rolls, and my favorite Crab Ragoons! Here is our Cub Master Brother Olson giving Easton an Art belt loop and Bead!
Thanks to Easton's Den Leaders Lorri Hirst and Heather Clarke they do such a great job with these fun boys!
Monday, March 3, 2008
Meet Cheech the Dragon...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





15 comments:
That was such a fun theme for the blue and gold. Easton looks so grown-up and handsome!
That looks like it was a blast.
What a fun bunch of boys and great leaders you have. They look like they were having a fun time.
So fun! I love those Chinese masks! Easton looks so grown-up in the last picture, his hair looks dark. Love all of your posts. You are such a cute Mom.
We just did our blue and gold banquet too... I am still clueless about what I am doing with all the scouting stuff I am supposedly in charge of. Good thing that the leaders and other people know what they are doing cuz I am like, HUH???? Easton is such a cutie! It looks like Brighotn will have another fun birthday party!!! You are brave to invite all the kindergartners over! You will do awesome though, you are always so creative and on top of things!
This brings back memories of days gone by when we were in this era. Easton is so handsome---what a great theme and activities!
I too love your blog background great color and pattern.
I noticed your sister is in Ecuador. Carmen and I spent 8 weeks there a few years back...it's one of our favorite places. Huge volcanoes, great food, amazing culture, crazy adventures and cheap prices. What else could you want? What is your sister doing there?
looks like fun, but this "cubbing" thing is really new to me...Easton looks so grown up!
How cute that it was a Chinese theme with the food and all!!! I LOVED Cheech the dragon! That is a funny name!
Jer...great to hear from you. I will do my best to answer your question. Carly and Oliver are in Ecuador on a Scholarship Internship through Hinkley Institute of Politics. They are in remote villages doing humanitarian work. They are teaching the villagers how to start little business to help get them out of poverty. For instance Carly just wrote a grant to help Women get enough $ to buy "Strong Bull DNA" so they can artifically inseminate their cows. They will breed stronger cattle and be able to sell them for more money. They are also helping build a water well/pump, so Villagers don't have to walk several miles just to get DIRTY water! It is an amazing experience they are having! P.S. Carly correct me if I missed something!
Mia...that is all correct, we also do a lot of business training, microcredit, and tons of education and health things. It is a lot of fun, but unfortunately where we are (in the remote villages) there is not any good food, only potatoes. Our scholarship is through the Hinckley Institute of Politics (at the University of Utah), but the NGO we are interning with is Ascend Alliance, which is also based out of SLC.
What a cute Blue and Gold Banquet-our ward never does anything that creative! Can you believe I am done with Cub Scouts. Dallon is now a Boy Scout. Wow!
Yes thanks Carly! You are hard to keep track of and I am only able to comunicate with you through email and blogs! love ya!
Wow...Easton looks so grown up !! And so cute !! What fun! I hate to admit I have no idea what one would do at a Blue and Gold Banquet. This is a whole new concept for me. It looks very festive. I love seeing your kids. It helps me to feel somewhat connected. Thanks for your great posts.
great ideas! andy and I are the 11-year old scout leaders so I am taking notes!
Post a Comment