Thursday, August 23, 2007

An Umbrella Moment!

Notice the amount of water on the street!
Rain, Rain Go AWAY!


Weather here in Omaha is always severe; severely cold, severely windy, severely hot and don't forget severely RAINY! Monday we had Tornado warnings. The city has sirens strategically placed. When there is a Tornado warning the sirens go off, to signal to everyone, that you need to take cover and get into a safe spot. The news casters here always get excited about the weather (maybe because nothing else is exciting). They love to break into your favorite show with a report on none other than... Iowa's storm? It is, at times, very aggravating!
This entire week has been soggy. Several basements have flooded in the neighborhood and it just keeps coming. In Omaha, the thunder is twice as loud and the lightening very frequent. Your house shakes as the thunder booms, the streets turn into rivers and then the wind starts to blow! Tonight we are in the middle of another storm. Brighton couldn't resist an umbrella moment! She loved dancing in the rain! Hopefully the kids will be able to sleep through it all!

6 comments:

Beckie said...

This is the weirdest weather place I have ever been! I do hope you all sleep through the weather. Its a messy one tonight!

Cute pictures~

Anonymous said...

Brighton looks so grown up! She is so beautiful. I miss you Brighton.

Ty said...

Wow, that storm has just been killing all of the midwest, unbeleivable.

laurie said...

"soggy"...you can say that again. We are still amazed at how much rain Omaha gets each summer. Cute post and love Brighton's shirt.

SUMMER said...

I hate when they interupt the shows for stuff like that. Why can't they just wait until after? I can't wait for the fall and some cooler weather! Rain actually sounds nice. Brighton looks so pretty in those pictures. I see some of Maeve in her.....

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you let Brighton go out and enjoy the storm. Those are fun pictures and she looks so grown up. I can't wait to be with all the kids soon.